Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Valentines

 
 
February 10, 2014
 
HAPPY VALENTINES DAYYYYY!! ...on Friday:)
 
Kodi's Mission President didn't tell them she was coming home???? WHAT??? That is the strangest thing I have ever heard. That is sooooo sad :( She has just been on a crazy roller coaster ride. I feel so bad because I feel like I really influenced her to go. I hope she doesn't let this effect her.
 
I'm happy you enjoyed the birthday card :) One year older and wiser too?? haha Love you lots. Don't worry mother, you will have your grandkids ball games to go to :) The Ballard's did send me a Christmas present :) Don't worry, I always send out my thank you cards.
 
We set a baptism date with our investigator Ailynn for June 14th. Its pretty exciting to see her progress so well. I most likely wont be her for that long but its still just amazing :) On Saturday we didn't have time to go home for dinner so we grabbed some chick-fil-a at the mall. IT WAS SO WEIRD THOUGH! When we sat down, we talked to one another about how awkward we felt with all these people around us. Totally felt like a fish out of water! I didn't ever think I would be uncomfortable being in a mall......haha 
 
This week I have been pondering a lot of wonderful things. First with it being Valentine’s day on Friday I was thinking about the Savoir and what it is about me that he loves and why. I was making a list in my mind of my different strengths, talents and attributes that I have that the Savior would love me for. My appreciation for those things became more real and the Love for my Savior grew. Shortly after though a realized that with those comes my short comings and weaknesses, and I thought to myself "Does the Savior really love me for those things? Is he really proud that I failed?"  These thoughts started deepening and my faith was falling into a massive black hole.  But instead of letting these thoughts conquer me, I decided to turn to the scriptures. What love does the Savior really have for me?
 
 2 Nephi 26:24 "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world, for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his life." This that we are able to partake of his salvation!! John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends." NO MAN has greater love for us than that of our Saviors. He died...for ME? No one can probably even comprehend this affection, charity, grace and or mercy that he had upon us. In Moroni chapter 7 he tells us to pray so even we can be filled with this love. This is the great news of the gospel. That we can be filled with that love. The pure love of Christ. The love that he would die for us and only do this for our benefit. Lawrence Cambridge writes in the fourth missionary "To believe that weakness and deficiencies in your character are unchangeable is to reject the central truth of the plan of salvation." We are always changing. And this is possibly because of this LOVE that Christ has. This is A WHOLE LOT of love.  SO through all of this I know that God does love me for my weaknesses. He knows that I’m trying. And he created me. He knew this is who I am. And he loves me for me :)
 
I’m so grateful for the scriptures for teaching me the pure doctrine of Christ. For giving me hope in this life. And I’m grateful for Jesus Christ and all that he did to show me that he loves me forever and always! :)
 
LOVE MY FAMIILY!
-Sister Porter
 Ps. thinking about how we always have chick fil a on Valentines day :)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment