Monday, January 27, 2014

The Weather is so Random

Family (January 27, 2014)
I just want to thank you sooooo much for writing me emails every week. I wake up on Monday mornings and get excited to go and read about how my sweet family is doing and what they are up to. Sounds like the Porters are a busy house hold. I can’t believe how sick everyone is getting!! Tell mommy to get better. I’m glad that you are starting to feel more normal though. Is your eating still weird? .......really sad I don’t get to see those cute babies! I need more pictures of Berk :( Steph sent me a couple of when she was born but that’s about it. haha.....But just whenever you get a chance maybe you could snap a few :) Also sad that I can’t watch Kylee just own the court!! Sounds like she has been doing so great this season. Cant believe she will be graduating SO soon! How's work been? The Lomenicks sent me a little package of some letters from the youth. I loved it our ward is so awesome! Brought back some great memories of young women’s. The girls still remember me as Pocahontas at girls camp :)
 
This last week was....kind of crazy. The weather her is....SO RANDOM! Tuesday it was 70, Wednesday and Thursday it was 35, Friday it was 19, and Saturday and Sunday was 70 again! Isn’t that so strange. I feel like such a wimp when its cold outside! I really don’t like it......IT actually snowed on Friday!! The Texans freaked out a little. Everyone was out playing in it:) President made us park out cars Thursday night because of the storm so we had to walk around in it all night. SO COLD!
Last Monday was our last time for our zone to have P day activity together! Transfers were this past week so they did a lot of changing to our area. The split our zone! So now our district is tiny and they are all different missionaries! So it was kind of sad because I loved our zone so much but I’m excited for the change :)
 
We taught our first lesson to our investigator Tobi (I told yall about her in my email last week) and it was wonderful :) She committed to baptism and is really excited to read the book of Mormon. Isn’t that just awesome? The work is starting to pick up again for Hewitt. We have a couple of investigators who are really progressing and lots of potential work going on.
Saturday was the craziest! our car broke down.....We parked at the post office in Lorena to look at some of our potential investigator sheets and when we were finished we tried to start the car....and it didn’t work. Just as we finished talking on the phone with our ward mission leader on what to do a member of our ward (Sister Johnson) happened to pull up. She took a look under the hood and our battery terminal had some NASTY corrosion on it! And firefighter (who was off duty) happens to stop by and offered to help clean it off. He got some tools out and decided to call some of his friends to come over and help. A couple minutes later two cops pull up and get out helping!! We had the whole crew helping! haha it was kind of funny. They finally got it cleaned off and were able to jump us so we could get on our way. Kind of an adventure if I might say....
 
 I have seen the power of my authority this week. I don’t think I fully understand what great potential I have as a servant of the Lord. We were teaching the restoration to one of our investigators this week, when a scripture popped into my mind that I felt inspired to share. Because I followed this prompting (which I didn’t know at first) I was able to help her feel the spirit which helped her commit to reading the scriptures. The lesson was great; we scheduled another appointment, and made our way home for the night. Neither I nor my companion had seen the great miracle of that night. It was just "another good lesson".  That’s when I realized that I don’t see the blessings of those kinds of things anymore. The spirit is guiding me ALL the time as a missionary that I fail to see that it’s a tender mercy of the Lord. I didn’t give myself or the Lord enough credit for the wonderful things that were happening!! SHE felt the spirit!! She is repenting by reading the scriptures! All because I was obedient in following the spirit in making that decisions. If it’s a righteous decision and it feels right then it’s from the Lord! I am so thankful for the role of the Holy Ghost in my life. Guides me to make the Best decisions, comforts me during times of loneliness and despair, and helps me see the Power of my calling.
 
I love y'all with all my little Texas heart :) Hope you have a wonderful week!
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment