Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

06/16/2014

Happy Fathers Day!!! :) did you get my card? I was thinking about you all day yesterday. Grateful for you. We went to the Hills for dinner last night and after we shared out message we went around and told everyone things that we are thankful for about our dads. I told them about how that one time when I had made that mistake and had to go talk to the Wilson parents, before we went you had us kneel down and say a prayer. I started bawling and told them how thankful I was that you were so faithful in the gospel. You are such a HUGE example to me! I love you. missin my daddy.

I didn't know that Dustin had surgery! Did he tare it? Aww so sad from him. I haven't got much update on them. Stephy hasn't written me for a while. her sickness doing better? she due in August? or September? oooo so excited for her :)

Looks like you and kylee have a blast at work together :) I love seeing my family being so close. its awesome.

This week was kind of uneventful as well. haha. we had interviews with president. I just love that man. He is amazing. I hope you have the chance to meet him one day! A kid in our ward invited us over to see him open his mission call. I got all nervous for him. haha reminded me of how I felt! he got called to Ogden Utah!! The family just laughed. Hes gonna do great!

Saturday night we went to see one of our less active members. She broke down crying and told us that her and the boys had nothing to eat and that they would have to move into a shelter. Oh my goodness :( i just was crying and crying I cant believe what the people we work with are dealing with. It is sooo heart breaking. we called the RS president to have her help out. But that night me and Sister Nielsen didn't have a dinner appointment so we drove to wal-mart and got some pancakes, eggs and milk. brought it over and made them dinner. They boys were SOO happy and she couldn't stop thanking us. it feels so good to do things like that for other people. Its so hard because I wish there was more that we could do! But we promised her that if she continued to be obedient to the Lord that he would provide away.

 This week me and sister Neilsen had an amazing growing experience with one another. Sister Nielsen has a beautiful heart. She knows that she is a daughter of God and she is ready to do this work. My eyes were opened and my heart was filled! She cried and told me how things are sometimes it is hard but how she knew everything would be okay. She has GREAT faith! And I know that I had put up a wall. I wasn't willing to see the inner of my sweet companion. And now that I have, I will never be able to look at anyone the same! We never know until we are willing to open up and LOVE them. I'm so grateful for that experience. I love her with all my heart.

Shana wasn't able to be baptized this weekend. We sat down and talked with our bishop for a while and thought it would be better to wait a little while longer. All though I know this is best for Shana it was hard to tell her that her baptism would be postponed. Everything will work out for the best though :)

I hope y'all have a wonderful week. keep strong in the gospel. Never forget our loving father who is always by our sides. i love my family!

-Sister porter

Pic 1: crazy elders in my district
Pic 2: this is normal to see on the side of the road...
Pic 3: This is our recent convert. These are thumb gloves that you wear so you don't text while driving haha....it was pretty funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment