Saturday, July 13, 2013

BED BUGS........WHAT?

Hola! Somos las missionarias de la iglesia de jesu christo de los santos de los ultimos dias!! :)
 
Hello we are missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints! :)
 
We meet A LOT of Spanish people! I wish my Spanish was better than it is so I can kind of communicate. You would think that all those years of those painful classes from high school would have kicked in by now! Anyway, how are ya'll? Anything new???? :) IM SO JEALOUS THAT THE ASHTONS ARE THERE AND IM NOT!! :( But I bet you all are having so much fun:) Its so amazing the wonderful work we can do by taking names to the temple!! It brings me great joy to know my sweet family is doing such great work for our loved ones! :) that story made me cry! haha my companion always watches me cry when I do emails! How long are the cousins staying? How's Kylee? TELL her I finally got her letter!! It made me cry! I just miss her so much! But tell her I have a letter that I'm writing her right now:) Did ya'll get my package?
 
This past week has just been so wonderful!! Me and Sister Earl have truly witnessed the blessing of fasting and sincere prayer! The day we fasted we saw so many wonderful and amazing things happen! We were really stressed about a lot of things but its amazing what the Lord will help you with when you show him that you care and that your willing to give up something to receive something even greater! :)
 
1st story: okay.....Cory and Leslie probably already broke the horrible news to ya'll but ...... Me and sister Earl had BED BUGSSSSs!!!!! :( :( Transfers were last week so new missionaries were coming in and the Spanish sisters were getting an extra missionary who was waiting for her visa so they needed an extra mattress! And sister Earl had been sleeping on two so we told them that they could have it.  So when we were taking it off the bed we noticed bed bugs!!! I almost threw up it was so gross!!!!! So we had to throw away like everything! are beds, bed boards, couch, chairs and bags.  People are coming today to spray our house but we had to sleep on air mattress all week! haha it was like a little sleepover;) SO thankful for Cory and Leslie because they provided us with the air mattresses!
 
2nd Story: We went to Venus on Saturday!!!!!!!!  This was sooo crazy!! I was freaking out it was so weird to see the house!! So basically the people who live in grandma and grandpas house are coo coo kacho! They put up a fence around the house and put a speed limit sign on the street!! ...what? Way weird. But the house just looks so sad :( No one takes care of it. We knocked and tried to get this guy to come to church. haha didn't really work....But I saw Destine as well!! so WEIRD@!!! she's so old! AND Damen (her older brother) Lives in Arlington now and we met with him to catch up and WE ARE TEACHING HIM!!!!!! holy moly! There really is a reason I came back!!
 
3rd STORY!!! so there is this girl whose name is Kimberly!! and she is sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! :) Adrian Titera called us up one day and was like hey! I know this girl who wants to be taught! So we met with her and she knows like everything about the church I swear she's already a member at the end of our first lesson she said "So when can I be baptized?" haha:) Next Saturday!! (July 13th) I'm so excited! WE finally have a baptism and its going to be so amazing :) The gospel is going to bring so much happiness into her life :)
 
I love you all!! and miss you like crazy! thank you for all the prayers they have been so much help:) Have an amazing forth of JULY!! :) Are ya'll doing anything fun?
 
THE GOSPEL IS TRUE! love you:)
xoxoxo -Sister Porter
 
ps. Can you send me more pictures? :) or email? I just want to see everyone and all the fun things ya'lll are doing!:)
pss. I still need the last four digits of my social so I can reactivate my card .... :)
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment