Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I'm Training!!!


Howdy!!
 
I have so much to tell you today I don't even know where to start! Sounds like y'all had an enjoyable spring break :) Thank you for the Easter package by the way! I loved it :) Made my day. Those babies are getting so big! Even baby Berklee. Such a cutie!
 
So I went on a 24 hour exchange last week with our sister Trainer leaders. Sister Sylar spent the day over in Highland Station and I stayed in River Trails. That morning while me and one of the sister trainer leaders were studying our Mission President calls us! He asks me if I would be willing to train a new missionary!!! OH my goodness!! I'm training!! I can't believe it. I go get her on Wednesday :) It just brings back good memories of my first day of the mission and meeting my trainer. I hope I can love her and shape her into the missionary Heavenly Father wants her to be. I have been praying for her every night, I love her and I don't even know her! haha :) I'm super excited and ready for this new calling :) I was actually pretty sad about it because me and Sister Sylar get along so well and we have only been together for six weeks :(
 
After our exchanges Thursday morning I had a training meeting with all the other new trainers. There is 22 new missionaries coming in this Wednesday! Super exciting :) Usually Thursdays are our planning days so we had to plan on Friday instead because of my meeting AND we had zone training so Friday was kind of a long day.
 
SATURDAY was probably one of the coolest days of the mish :)  We had the opportunity to go with our recent convert Chris, to the temple :) The Boyers in the Ward took us up there. He did baptisms. It was amazing to see him do it for the first time. I just cried and cried it was amazing. After we got out the temple he just smiled and said "And that a big reason why I know the church is true" So cool :) they took us to breakfast and we got back before eight o clock! They we had an amazing experience with an investigator named Jeanette. We have been teaching her for ....quite some time now. She told us she knew the church and the Book of Mormon was true but she just wouldn't accept baptism!! So finally we went in with great courage and boldness. We read with her from Mosiah 18 where it talks about Alma teaching the gospel in secret and the people get baptized in the waters in Mormon. He talks about what baptism means and then he says "what have ye against being baptized?" After we read that with her we asked the same question "Jeanette, you know these things are true.....so what do you have against being baptized?" ....Tears came rolling down her face. She cried to us saying that she didn't have a job and so wouldn't be able to pay a full tithing. My heart ached and I began to tear up as well.
 
She wanted to be a true and faithful member of the church. She wanted to pay her tithing. That touched my heart so much. We explained to her that she wasn't required to pay tithing with out an income. She pulled out her phone, searched her  calendar and said "lets pick me a date to get baptized then!" What an amazing experience. She is planning for May 10th :)
 
Later Saturday night we had Katies baptism! It was simply beautiful. Its the most rewarding and amazing experience to see people make covenants with god! :) Her mother and husband took us out to Chinese afterwards to celebrate :)
 
Sunday night was our President Fireside. Every second Sunday of the month all the missionaries that live with in 45 minutes of our church building can attend with their recent converts and investigators the fireside that our president holds. I never got to go when I was down in Waco because its so far away! They are amazing though. Chris (the one we went to the temple with) got to speak about his conversion story :) It was awesome. I saw My convert Maurica from Arlington there!! :) she brought Kyle Donavan with her! Apparently they are dating!! so weird that I grew up with him and he is dating my convert!  He should thank me I might have converted his future wife. haha but Kyle is actually a really great guy happy for them.
 
This morning me and sister Sylar taught seminary! It was really neat I enjoyed working with the youth :) I think now I might look into teaching high school...not sure yet though. Just a thought.
 
I'm sending yall a Easter card so look out for it! :) I  just wanna leave this letter with my testimony about this special and sacred week. Let us remember Thursday, when the Savior and his apostles partook of the bread and wine. An emblem of his love and sacrifice for us. let us remember as the sun begins to go down Friday day that the Savior gave up his life for us. He suffered pains and afflictions of every kind that he may know how to succor his people. (Alma 7) But let us not forget but cherish dearly Sunday morn, Christ lives. He broke the bands of death that we too might live with him once more! :) I love the Savior with all my heart. He is truly the Savior and Redeemer of the world.  I love you guys so much.  
--Sister Porter
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment