Sunday, September 8, 2013

Watches----please!

Hey!
Soounds like ya'll are having some fun times! Makes me sad that I'm not there but so happy at the same time. Makes me grateful to have such a family as I do that loves and cares for one another. The babies are getting so big its killing me!! haha How's work for you? You will have to send me pictures of Kylee's room when it is finished! So I bought Kylee a cute birthday gift so I will have to send it next Monday and hopefully it gets there in time for that day!! (by the way....how much money do I have in my account?) I have a sick feeling that its dwindling away.......yuck. I think of all that hard work at the cafe and its all gone! I'm going to be broke when I get home.
 
When is homecoming? Thats so cute! I'm so excited for her:) more pictures for you to send me! woo! Has she had a home volleyball game yet? I still cant believe she is a senior....
 
I got an wedding invitation from my roommate Alex! They look so beautiful! I'm so happy for them.  They got married this past weekend in the Manti Temple! So weird that everyone is getting married.
 
Last week was a pretty good week! We go every week to read the Book of Mormon with this lady named Dorothy. She pretty old so she has a hard time reading so we help her. She had a cat named Homie who she just loves so much. (Sister Edwards doesn't like cats) It reminds me of meow meow! When I told Sister Edwards that our cats name was that she died laughing. She thought it was pretty funny.
 
 We had a really cool lesson with an investigator named Marissa. She is attending UTA up here and its her first year. She walked in last Sunday and was like "hi, I'm investigating the church!" haha Pretty awesome. So we had our first lesson with her last week and it was probably one of the coolest lessons I have ever had on my mission. We were going about teaching her the principles of the first lesson. But when I quoted the first vision, the whole room became silent and the spirit was sooooo strong. I got goose bumps and began to cry. What Joseph Smith saw that day became so real to me. At that moment I knew with out a doubt that I could not deny what I had felt.  It's true. ..... Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who restored such precious truths back together. SO AWESOME! Then after we invited Marissa to pray.  She was a little hesitant at first but when she finally gave in it was so spiritual.  That prayer was from her heart. And when she finished she proclaimed "wow!" me and Sister Edwards looked at one another and just smiled really big. then she said "I have never felt like this before." It so awesome how the Holy Ghost can reach out and touch people's hearts like that. I'm so thankful for the Holy Ghost in my life. Its moments like that when I know that this is where my Heavenly Father wants me. As a missionary, a servant, a disciple. I love serving the Lord. He is my master. I want him to smile at me and say "good and faithful servant".   HOW GREAT IS MY CALLING! :)

 I love ya'll so much. I'm thankful for the support and prayers. I feel them in my work. Thank you for the great example and the love. I just encourage you guys to continue to read your scriptures and pray with and open heart and real intent. Reach out to others in need and act on the promptings god gives you. Another thing that I think would be cool is if you guys started going through the lessons that missionaries teach! It might be a really cool experience and (might get Kylee excited to serve a mission!)
 
Next week Elder Anderson is coming to speak to the Fort Worth and Dallas missions! I;m sooooo excited! I've never met a general authority before so I'm pretty stoked! :) :)
Hugs and Kisses!
-Sister Porter
 
Ps. Remember that watch that Stacey gave me? the black one? Could you maybe find that....and send it to me? Mine has broken.  I can go get it fixed but I need another watch! and All the missionaries have lots of watches.  Sorry if it is a burden on you. 
 
PSS. We were doing less active work the other day and we went to go see this guy named Marshall Kelly. When we walked up to the door I got this weird feeling and I turned to my companion and said "I've been here before!" we walked in and sure enough it was that lady that had all those bears in her house!!!! so funny that I remembered that!  (Sister Baldwin)
 
 

Sister Day and I.  She is soooo good to the missionaries!


 
Love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment