Monday, August 26, 2013

Score----health food and pedicures!

Family!
Oh my goodness.....I can't believe Bishop Pepper called ya'll last night!!!! Sister Pepper was like
.....who are you calling??? (because it was on speaker.) and then dad answers!! They began talking while I began crying!! I couldn't help but just tear up. Not hearing his voice for four months and then to just spontaneously hear him was so emotionally crazy! I'm glad Dustin liked his shirt! When I saw it I was like I HAVE TO GET THAT FOR D! haha It also made me cry when dad told me that you guys miss "Your Missionary" it feels good that I am ya'lls missionary :) and that there is so much support back home. LOVE YOU GUYS.
 
Texas is wonderful! the work has been .....a bit slow. Being in the YSA for three transfers (four and half months) is kind of a long time. We saw a day of blessing yesterday though. It was a bit of a frustrating week this week.  We didn't have a whole lot of people to work with, no referrals and no one feeding us. During my personal study one morning I read a scripture in D&C that talked about having patience during hard times and remembering that the Lord is on our side. I suddenly dropped to my knees and asked the Lord to give me the patience I needed at that time. As I ended a warm reassurance confirmed to me that everything was going to be okay. I proclaimed to Sister Edwards "The Lord is with us until the very end!" She was excited about my enthusiasm and we began to make goals on how we can be more patient. Yesterday the blessings poured over us from heaven. We arrived at church and bumped into 2 girls who were investigating the church. SCORE. We got involved in our search and rescue committee and are trying to get the priests and laurels that attend the missionary prep class to come out and help us work with less actives. CHECK. And two people gave us referrals of people we can go see. GOLDEN :) The Lords tender mercies are not random. That which is important to me is important to the Lord. I love him and he loves me and knew what I was in need of.
 
I love Sister Edwards! :) She is awesome! We get along just great! I think I have convinced her into coming up to BYU-I haha. 
 
I love the power in the restoration to help fully see our potential. The restoration gives such clarity to the purpose of life and our need for a Savior. It helps us see our true nature which gives us a vision of who we can be and who God wants us to become. He wants us to be "joint-heirs with Christ" and to be "glorified together" with Him and our Savior. (Romans 8:16-17).

What better message to share with the world than this. That God lives, Jesus is the Christ and all truth of the gospel have been restored to the earth. Missionary life rocks! Love and miss ya'll! 
 
-Sister Porter
Ps. Taylor Jensen remember him my friend? he is coming home from his mission because he is sick :( keep him in your prayers.
 
Pss. Look at how much fruit and veggies we got! haha rocking the healthy life style:)

Psss. Sister Day is taking us out to get pedicures today! :) super excited!



 
 
Bishop and Sister Pepper.  Love these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment