Monday, November 4, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream

FAMILY! :) First I just wanted to say tttttthhhhaaannnkkkyyyooouuuu sooooooooooooooooooo much for the packages!! OH my goodness it felt like Christmas! haha I really appreciated it. The clothes were perfect and my new garments! yaya feels so nice. How long has dad been in the hospital?? :( tell him I love him with all my heart and I have been praying for him 24/7! AW! Senior night! That is so crazy I feel like that was just me! Your getting so big!;) I heard you got a blanket??? We are matchy matchy! :) You guys doing anything fun for Halloween??  When is bay due?? I cant believe Kodi got her mission call to Maryland!! How exciting! What a wonderful time for her and for her family to send her off to serve the Lord. What an example! :) who's next??...Kylee? ;)
 
OKAY so I don't even know where to begin this week has been SO amazing. Ricardo Ayala was baptized on Saturday and it was such a neat experience. I've never seen him so happy. Baptism is such a magnificent and wonderful act. He has "fulfilled all righteousness" :) and now he has the gift of the Holy Ghost. My testimony has grown and my heart is full. I know the Lord has been with me the whole way. I know Ricardo has found the true church and how cool to see that it will effect not only him but his future generation. Ricardo's family doesn't accept his choice in being baptized but its truly amazing to see that because he had gained a witness of its truth that not even that would stop him from making the right choice. I know one day his family will soften their hearts and see the great joy and everlasting joy that Ricardo NOW has in his life. THE WORK GOES ON! :)
 
Transfers are this week. We got a call this morning from our Zone leader telling us that sister Tuck will be staying in Hewitt one more transfer!! wooo hooo :) So very happy. She has been a fabulous companion and I'm honored and excited to be serving with her for another transfer. We have great goals in mind and we are excited to "Forget ourselves and go to work" :) Its been raining like crazy here the past couple of days! The lightning and thunder is awesome!!! I LOVE IT:) It kind of scary when your driving though because you literally can't see anything. Good thing I know where I'm going...right......The ward is having a Halloween party this week and we get to go and help out. So that will be fun. On Halloween were not allowed to be out working that night so all the missionaries in the area will meet at the church and be doing something....don't know what yet but we will see! Saturday the ward is helping clean up a park in Lorena so that will also be something fun to do. Our mission president has told us that he wants us to be doing 8 hours of service every week!! It kind of hard to find it sometimes because people are stubborn and wont let us help them!! So PLEASE when someone ask if they can help or serve you LET THEM! because I think, If I want people to let me serve them I have to let them serve me as well!
 Sister Tuck stated a quote (I don't remember who it is by) that says "If you don't have time to pray and read your scriptures everyday, than you are busier than god attended you to be." I LOVE THAT. because its true. It is SO important that we do this EVERYDAY! I have had the opportunity to study for two hours every morning for six months and I can honestly say that it has changed my life. I have learned so many things and have never felt so close to Christ. It makes a difference when you do these things daily. So I encourage you guys to always read and pray! LOTS OF BLESSINGS :)
 My heart is filled with JOY. I love my family. You all are the world to me. I miss you lots. Hope all is well. SEND me pictures of senior night and stuff.
pic 1: So for district meeting we dressed up like cowboys and Indians....
pic2: Ricardos Baptism!
pic 3: Ricardo and Brother Morley
PS. I will send more pictures to moms email because I cant remember if this is kylees phone?
PSS. me and sister Tuck got this pumpkin spice ice cream.....SO GOOD....ate it is 24 hours no joke!
Another email the same day:
HAHA this story was amazing. Its cool to have experiences such as this one. How truly amazing is the plan of salvation. This is one of the most powerful things we can share with others around us. God is a God of Miracles. He is the same yesterday today and forever. He is a merciful and loving father who has provided this plan of happiness. I KNOW the reason for my yearning and desire to return to him someday is because I was with him before this life. I was his spirit child :) And I loved him and promised him I would do everything I could during this life to make it back to him one day :) I began to cry when I read that the little kimberly would run up to kylee in heaven someday in her perfect form and thank her for all that she had done. :) what a blessing. what a gift. This sounds like a merciful God to me. Thank you for sharing this story with me. Touched my heart. 
 
How great of week has this been. Ricardo had his interview on Saturday!! He is already for his baptism this Saturday. What a fantastic way to end the transfer! So as you know I gave my talk yesterday it actually went a lot better than I thought ;) It was on "the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion" In the beginning of Alma he is testifying of Christ unto the people. But in verse 45 he says "And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?  46: Behold I say unto you they are made known unto me by the holy spirit of god. Behold I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made the manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me." He did not know of these things by himself. And neither can we. If we want to have the truthfulness of things and a true conversion we must have the witness of the holy ghost tell us these things
.
 In Mosiah, Kind Benjamin was giving his address when he asked his people "what do you think of these things? do you believe the words which I speak? and they answered in verse 2 saying: "And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and aslo, we know of their surety and truth, because of the spirit of the Lord, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts that we have no more disposition to do evil, but do good continually" HOW POWERFUL! I love this :) They said they knew what he spoke was true becuase the spirit told them!! how wonderful that must have been to gain and know the truth because of the burning in their bosom!  Let me ask now, are we truly converted have WE seen that mighty change? Are we doing good continually? Let us have a "full" turning to christ and consecrate ourselves in the sight of God. :) 
 
Our district leader is in the hospital.......So scary. His appendix burst!! He had surgery yesterday morning and is doing good. But how crazy! If I was getting surgery I would want my mommy to be there!!! haha. Transfers are this week!! I pretty for sure I am staying here. BUT I dont know if Sister Tuck will! She has been here for four months now. I'll let you know what happens! 

KODI IS GOING TO MARYLAND!! That is so crazy! can you believe it! how amazing:) I'm so excited for her. How's everyone doing? doing anything fun for Halloween? 

LOVE YOU GUYS! :)  
 
-Sister Porter 
 
picture 1: This is our motivation for working out in the morning! 
Picture 2: Sister Tuck and I saw this awesome pumpkin patch on the way home from a teaching appointment and HAD to take a picture I like this one makes me smile :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment