Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Birthday Samantha

Dear Family,
 
I'm sitting in the library, just thinking about how to start this letter. There is just so much to say I don't even know where to begin! What a wonderful week for me and sister Nelson. The rest of our Christmas was truly great :) After I was done talking with yall (which was so awesome! I miss you guys like crazy.....) we made our way over to the Jacobsens to have Christmas dinner. LOTS of yummy food :) and they gave us cute scarfs and candy. After we ate and mingled for a little we spent the rest of the night at sister Riehers house (a less active) playing Joker and opening her gifts for her. haha The rest of that day was kind of hard for me because all I wanted was to be at home playing donkey kong with you guys! :) haha but I'm all better now so its okay.
 
The next day (my birthday) we had interviews with President Ames. He was really sweet to wish me a happy birthday :) But after our interviews and trainings at the church it was just like a regular missionary day! It was actually really nice to just continue serving the Lord!
 
On the weekend we picked up the elders and drove down the Mcgregor to help some members move!! It feels good to get out of the dress for a day and just do some work! :)
 
What did yall do when Seth and Bay got in? Have any fun plans for this week? Just relaxing? I'm SOO excited that Steph is pregnant!!! What wonderful news:) AND yes I got a birthday card from grandma B and M. and from yall! THANK YOU SO MUCH :) I love that card it made me laugh because its so true!! When a missionary gets mail it brightens their whole day!! its wonderful :)
Sorry this email is so short. Next week Ill bring my journal so I can tell you more details from the week :)
LOTS OF LOVE!
 
-Sister Porter





No comments:

Post a Comment