Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 2, 2013 The Work of Salvation

I hope this email finds my wonderful family doing awesome! :) Sounds like Thanksgiving was a good turn out this year. Makes me happy to hear y'all having good times! Thanksgiving here was just as any other normal missionary day!! The Jacobsens in our ward had us over which was very sweet of them. They had some family over and feed us lots of yummy food! It cool to see how other families celebrate their holidays together! After we finsihed they all went out to play volleyabll......We unfortentually couldn't play with :( Sad day for Sister Porter. BUT that is alright :) It was a wonderful day of missionary work! Actually my mission president said something to us in our zone conference that I really liked he stated that it is not missionary work, its the WORK OF SALVATION! I loved that :)
 
Let us give thanksgiving daily. We don't need to wait all year for thankgiving to roll around so that we can be thankful for what we have on that day. We should be thankful for what we have EVERY DAY :) We should seek for our blessing by doing good and then stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. What has Heavenly Father blessed me with today? How can I still seek his blessing and then being appreciative of them? Thank you, for being such an amazing family. Family truly is the most important social unit for time and all eternity and god has placed us in our families for a special reason. I know that reason I was placed in my family was because he knew that with us being together we could strengthen one another and come closer to him. Thankful we can all live together forever! I guess I love you guys that much that I would live with you forever ;)
 
I want to be a better cook! mother....me and you are gonna be doing a lot when I come home :) Me and Sister Tuck did a lot of cooking, helping a lot of the members get ready for Thanksgiving! ALSO we might have set up like .....5 trees this weekend haha. People love to get ready for christmas so soon!!!!
 
This past friday me and Sister Tuck had a lesson set up with one of our investigators. On our way there, she texted us and told us she wouldn't be able to meet that night. We became very sad and didn't understand why we couldnt just meet with her. BUT we decided that instead of dwelling on the negative of the night we decided to go to work. So we began knoking on doors. A young lady answered one of the doors, said she wasn't interested, but reffered us to a house up the street. With excitment we ran down the street and knocked on the door. To our surprise a man answered the door and immediatly let us in. Him and his wife sat us down and listened intently to the first lesson. How neat! We set up a return appoinment and told us they wanted to come to church! :)  Apparently they knew a lot of people from the ward and were really impressed with them. :)
 
When we said our goodbyes and went back to our car for the night we skipped for joy and thanked God for that awesome experience! We then realized that even though our plans did not work out the first time, he knew what needed to happen. His plan is much greater than ours and once we see that, we can find joy in the days to come. Trust in the Lord, he will guide us to where we should be. One door closes, another one is opened! :)
 
PICTURE ONE: This tree was in the moody library :)
PICTURE TWO: I just want y'all to know that I totally decorated this journal all by myself! I feel so crafty :) haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment