Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Missions Wear You Out!!!

November 10, 2014

SO I just want to start this email off with this statement:
         MISSIONS WEAR YOU OUT!!!! 
:) :) I went on exchange with a wonderful sister this weekend that is serving in white settlement.  We were driving to one of our appointments when I turned to her and just said "Golly, I am soo tired!!" We laughed for a second and then she said something that really hit me. "Well Sister Porter," she says "If you tired, that means you really worked hard this last year and a half!" I began to cry with just complete Joy and feeling of accomplishment! I DID IT! :) YE-HAW! I am beyond grateful for this experience and opportunity to serve the Lord.  It has truly changed my life, FOREVER!
Just a couple of things from this week and then I will leave you with my testimony.  We had a neat experience with this girl named Mackenzie that we met a couple of weeks ago just passing her on the street. We stopped her and taught her about the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. This past week when we went back we sat down with her for our lesson but before we offer the prayer, her mom comes and sits down.....then her uncle.....then her brother.....AND then her brothers friend! We had the whole crew!! And it was one of the most amazing lessons :) When we ended with a prayer afterwards we felt bad because we had only brought in one Book of Mormon. We told them that we had plenty more in the car that we could go grab and asked them who would like one. Immediately, every single person there shot up their hand with excitement! It was sooooo cool. I got chills up my back just thinking about that experience again.  Gods prepared children are out there, we just have to find them!!! The Gospel is true!
Yesterday at church everyone was saying goodbye and ...I think I bore my testimony in like every meeting. haha. Everyone is putting bets on how soon I will get married!
I almost start crying every time I think about the fact that I will be seeing my sweet family in two days! This time is bitter sweet. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ true and full church here upon the earth. I know with out a doubt that Joseph Smith did in fact restore God's power, so that we could have the fullness of Christ gospel in these Last DAYS! The spirit has witnessed so strongly to me that I am a child of God that no earthly power could take that away from me. Gods plan is perfect. We are his great and Eternal purposes and through our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ we can receive Salvation and Eternal life! HOW GLORIOUS! Sing hosanna to his name! And my membership in the Church is not a title.....it is a testimony of these things! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love Sister Samantha Porter!!
Ps. Wednesday will be fun. Me and all the other missionaries that I am going home with will be doing some family history and a service project! then that night we are doing a big dinner in the mission home and then having a little fireside! Then next day.....FAMILY TIME!! oh my goodness i am freaking out!! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!! I'm scared for the cold hahaha. its like 75 today :) I'm not sure what time we will have to be there...Im guessing pretty early...yay.....
Here are some pictures. Sorry I didn't send any last week!









No comments:

Post a Comment