Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Baptism

September 3, 2014

Howdy hey! :)
We had a baptism this last week! :) it was amazing. We had 54 people there and more than half were her family! I'm sure soon most of them will find their way to the truth! 

"If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.........Imagine what we could achieve if we only tried." I love this soooo much. We went to a members house the other night for dinner in their...BIG home. They had lots of nice things and very yummy food. We were in awe at the things that they had and I asked what they did for work. After they both told and explained to us their occupations one of the members told us something that I will never forget. "You know what though, before all of this happened, school, work, nice job, nice house......I had to make a decision. You see, most people decide what kind of work they would like to do for the rest of their life and then go to school. Then after they have received their degree they take it and say to themselves, Now what can I do with my life with this particular education. What kind of house can I buy? What kind of vacations can I take? .....For me on the other hand I had to look at it the other way around.

Before I went off to school to receive an education I had to set goals and dreams for myself. I said Okay, this is the kind of life I want for my future, .....what is it that I have to do now, to have that? That's when I was able to figure out what kind of job I needed to support a family and a nice house and all that fun stuff. And now that I have worked hard I am happy. "Success comes before work......only in the dictionary."

When he explained this to me everything just clicked!! Now, don't think that I'm trying to say that riches and money will bring us happiness, wickedness was never happiness. BUT what I am trying to say is that we really can shoot for the stars! I mean....WHY NOT!? :) if we set expectations for our life NOW who says we cant work for that? "choose ye this day whom ye will serve" We must choose today the kind of person we want to be, the things we want to accomplish, and where we want to go. Then we must work. We can do all things through him that loved us. Nothing is impossible through the atonement of our Savior. Alma 37:7 reads "And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls." We ARE Gods work and glory. He truly does have great and eternal purposes for us. Line upon line, precept upon precept. We must do all things that lie in our power!
Last quote by Ezra Taft Benson "If we give our all, we will get his all from the greatest of all!" I will give my all to the Lord. Then I shall know true happiness :)
Sorry I didn't get to tell you more about my week....the office lady is kicking us out..haha.
LOVE YOU! 
-Sister Porter 

AND i will send you pictures of everything next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment